I was watching Channel 8 News on a Wednesday afternoon and saw Ted Kopy’s segment on Wednesday’s Child. This is a weekly feature which spotlights a child in need of an adoptive family. They interview a child and interact with them to give viewers and idea of their personality and their needs. This particular Wednesday they were showcasing an organization called the Heart Gallery, which is run by the Department of Children and Family services. The Heart Gallery features photos of Connecticut’s Children who need adoptive families.
The Heart Gallery is a photo art display featuring remarkable children and youth in state care who need an adoptive family. Volunteer professional photographers give their time and talent in capturing each child’s and youth’s personality in a photograph portrait.
The Department works with each child and youth in preparing for the Heart Gallery. If they agree to be featured, the children are connected with a volunteer professional photographer for a photo session. These photos are assembled into a traveling photo exhibit that moves throughout the year. It travels across Connecticut in bringing these inspiring photograph portraits to theaters, children’s museums, galleries, local hospitals, area malls, libraries, town halls, and other public exhibit space and gathering places. Heart Gallery organizers hope that when you see their faces you will feel their spirit and fulfill their dreams.
Today I received an invitation for their next Heart Gallery event and wanted to pass it on to you.
- WHO: The Department of Children and Families in collaboration with the Warner Theatre presents the Heart Gallery featuring photos of Connecticut’s Children who need adoptive families.
- WHERE: Nancy Marine Studio Theatre, 82 Main Street, Torrington, CT
- WHAT: Exhibit runs from April 2, 2009 – May 12, 2009
- WHEN: Opening Reception is April 2, 2009 6-8pm
- RSVP by April 1, 2009 to Paul Gressly @ (860) 550-6559
- WHY: Come out and support this kids and learn about a great organization to get involved with.
If you are a Connecticut photographer and would like to donate your time to help out these great kids, contact Paul Gressly at (860) 550-6559 or visit their website